The Art Sounding and Chanting Workshop Module One
Free your Voice as a way to Experience the Source of Vibration
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Sacred Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach, interactive teaching and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. The 2 day workshop introduces the student to the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the Art of Sounding and Chanting.
Based in the Cotswolds, it offers a two day intensive on Sounding and Chanting practice and theory where the basic principles and practices of learning Sounding and Chanting are explored and experienced. It introduces the core principles in the Art of Sounding and Chanting as a Sacred Sādhana, as well as providing options for those who wish to offer sounding and chanting work for others.
The workshop is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
22 July 2017
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Sacred Sādhana Workshop 7
The Art of Sounding and Chanting as a Sacred Sādhana. Two Day Workshop July 22/23rd 2017 - Two Places Available
20 January 2018
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Sacred Sādhana Workshop 8
The Art of Sounding and Chanting as a Sacred Sādhana. Two Day Workshop Jan 20/21st 2018 - Five Places Available
13 October 2018
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Sacred Sādhana Workshop 9
The Art of Sounding and Chanting as a Sacred Sādhana. Two Day Workshop Oct 13/14th 2018 - Five Places Available
The workshop maybe of interest to students from any walk of life, personally interested in learning and practicing the Art of Sound & Chanting for their own personal Sādhana development. Or for Yoga teachers and trainee teachers who wish to study for personal Sādhana development and/or for professional teaching.
It is also a prerequisite to further training through the Art of Yoga Sūtra Chanting – Module Two Sacred Sādhana Course or Art of Veda Mantra Chanting – Module Two Sacred Sādhana Course.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Framework
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshops reflect the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through
- Gaining confidence
– in finding your chanting voice and developing your breathing through Sound and Chanting.
- An appreciation
– and familiarity with the principles which inspire Sound and Chant practice.
- Learning how to read
– and authentically vocalise Sound and Chant in Romanised Saṃskṛta.
- Learning how to link
– and join Romanised Saṃskṛta to enhance our use and understanding of Sound and Chant.
– Sound and Chant as a therapeutic support, personal meditation and Sacred Sādhana.
– the core principles which inspire the use of Sound and Chanting practices.
- Learning techniques
– to help find our chanting voice and develop their breathing with and for Sound and Chant.
- Being able to choose
– appropriate postures according to the energy and application of the Sound and Chant.
– Sound and Chanting into existing Āsana, Prāṇāyāma and Meditational (Dhyānam) practices.
– how Sound and Chant can be a tool to lead the student towards silence as a natural outcome.
– how Sound and Chant can be used as a tool for learning Indian teachings on psychology or spirituality.
– of Sound and Chanting respecting differences in cultural background, vocal ability and musical experience.
- Learning skills
– for teaching Sound and Chanting for others.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop topics total over 10 hours through:
- Understanding the important Saṃskṛta terms in Āsana, Mudrā, Prāṇāyāma, Dhyāna and Chanting
- Application of voice work and techniques for sound in personal practice
- Indexing Sound and Chant Material
- Origins and context for Chanting
- Guidelines for Sound and Chant
- Saṃskṛta alphabet and pronunciation of the Sound and Chant
- Saṃskṛta grammar and Saṃskṛta Sound and Chant rules
- Personalising Sound and Chant in Āsana and Mudrā Practices
- Personalising Sound and Chant in Seated Prāṇāyāma and Dhyānam Practices
- Reciting the Yoga Sūtra and Yoga teachings
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Prerequisites
All are welcome irrespective of any background or though some prior experience of Chanting, or Sound Work, or Voice Work would be helpful.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Feedback
Support and advice, plus suggestions for home study and practice directions, will be offered on the students’ progress and on the possibilities for further development after the course.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Certification
The Art of Sound and Chant Workshop Certificate of Completion is awarded to successful students with 100% attendance.
The Art of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Group Size Workshop Timings Fees & Booking
The Module One Personal Sādhana Workshops are limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It is for all Yoga students except complete Yoga beginners, or any Yoga teacher, or Yoga trainee teacher.
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2017 Workshop fee will be £200 for the two days.
The 2018 Workshop fee will be £210 for the two days.
The 2019 Workshop fee will be £220 for the two days.
The full fee is payable at the time of booking and includes a pre-prepared colour printed manual, tuition, vegetarian lunches each day, all refreshments plus supper on the evening of the first day.
The full course fee is required. It can be paid by Postal cheque or Bank draft. Please contact Paul to indicate your preference. Confirmation of your payment and place will be sent. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Courses not running an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of viniyoga of Sounding and Chanting – Module One Workshop Venue & Accommodation
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if staying there is no need to incur any further costs until you leave.