The Art of Haṭha Energetics Course Modules Two to Three
Exploring the Haṭha Yoga Pradīpikā, Gheraṇḍa Saṃhitā, Yoga Yājñavalkhya, Yoga Rahasya
The Art of Haṭha Energetics Modular Courses are limited to around five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. They are a series of 4 day course modules, comprising either a single 4 day meeting or two 2 day meetings over 3 months.
Based in the Cotswolds, they are intended for those Yoga students who, having completed a Haṭha Energetics Module One Workshop to lay down an underpinning of Haṭha Yoga, wish to explore, through a series of 4 day courses, the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar teachings on the four Haṭha Yoga texts and how they inspire and guide our Yoga either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills.
They are presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice & study Sādhana.
“Haṭha Yoga is Prāṇāyāma.”
– Śrī T Krishnamacharya.
The Haṭha Energetics Modular topics offer an in-depth view of medieval and contemporary Haṭha Yoga texts.
- Module Two – 20 hours
– Two Days of Study of the Haṭha Yoga Pradīpikā by Svāmi Svātmārāma
- Module Two – 20 hours
– Two Days of Study of the Gheraṇḍa Saṃhitā by Gheraṇḍa
- Module Three – 20 hours
– Two Days of Study of the Yoga Yājñavalkhya by Yājñavalkhya
- Module Three – 20 hours
– Two Days of Study of the Yoga Rahasya by T Krishnamacharya
The Module Course options comprise either a single 4 day Module or two 2 day Modules over 3 months.
Each Module will explore the primary tools, developmental practices and practice goals within each of these four texts whilst also revealing the sources which underpin or influence them through adding commentaries and related links from associated texts such as the:
- Gorakṣa Śataka composed around the 13/14th Century
- Śiva Saṃhitā composed around the 15th Century
- Yoga Tārāvali composed around the 15/16th Century
- Yoga Upaniṣad composed around the 16/17th Century
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Framework
The Art of Haṭha Energetics Modular Course reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in integrating the primary Haṭha concepts to support your everyday life.
- Understanding the principles which inspire and shape Haṭha Yoga.
- An overview of important Haṭha teachings around body and mind.
- Appreciating how your body can work more effectively utilizing Haṭha techniques.
- The value of an-depth study of the two Haṭha Yoga texts.
- Deepening our work with and importance of Prāṇa-Apāna, Mūla-Mala, Candra-Avidyā, Sūrya-Agni and Ṣat Cakra in Yoga practice.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Professional
Even though the Haṭha teachings and techniques developed in the Art of Haṭha Energetics Modular Courses can enhance any Yoga Teachers professional skills there is no requirement to teach or to intend to teach Yoga. Its role is not to train students as Yoga teachers. This is not the role of the course.
In fact not everybody wants to or actually needs to become a Yoga teacher to further their practice and study. Here the priorities are towards personal development and thus questions relating to our personal practice and study are the priorities. This Course reflects this viewpoint.
The aim is that we are all here in this course as students and it offers an opportunity for all teachers to step back from their teaching role and re-enhance their personal study and practice path through cultivation of their Personal Sādhana.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Module Two to Three topics total over 20 hours through:
1. Haṭha Yoga Texts and Teachings – 20.0 hours
- Exploring key concepts that shape this primary teaching on Haṭha Yoga.
- How these two teachings on Haṭha Yoga can link to personal practice goals.
- In depth exploration of the structure of each text.
- What are the key concepts and techniques in each text.
- In depth exploration of the key verses in each text
- Linking each chapter to the meditative path in Yoga.
- Which concepts from each text are most relevant to us.
- How to prioritize short term and long term goals in Haṭha Yoga.
- Learning to read the Haṭha signposts for our personal journey.
- Why the view is the foundation for practice and life.
- Learning to look from Haṭha Yoga at our relationship with others.
- Linking Haṭha Yoga to the ebb and flow of daily life.
- Practical learning skills from Haṭha Yoga to refine your personal Yoga Sādhana.
- Linking to the concepts of Haṭha to help develop and deepen your understanding of Yoga.
2. Review Sessions and Home Study Guidelines – 0.5 hours
- Informal support of a practical nature through review, reading, questions for reflection and guidelines for core and developmental personal study processes
- Home study of a practical nature through reading, questions and exploration through textual study
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Prerequisites
Prospective students will have successfully completed a Haṭha Energetics Module One Workshop.
- The Art of Haṭha Energetics - Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop 7October 19, 2019
An in-depth overview of Haṭha Yoga Energetic concepts – Module One
Two Day Workshop October 19/20th 2019 – Five Places Available
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Feedback
Support and advice will be offered on the students’ progress and on possibilities for further development after the course. There is also the possibility of study work being requested to help the transmission.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Certification
The Haṭha Energetics Module Two Course Certificate is awarded to successful students with full workshop attendence. Please note that any missed weekends can be made up on a future course free of any further fees. It can also count for CPD points for Yoga Teachers over 1-2 years.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Group Size and Dates
The group size for the Art of Haṭha Energetics Modular Courses is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student.
There will be either a single 4 day or 2 two day meetings spaced over three months. This is also a specialised learning intensive, so rather than fixing diary dates in advance each Course will be arranged once I have received around four applications from interested students.
If you are interested then please do feel free to contact me. From there I can advise you on the current state of the waiting list, advise you on when the next Course can be anticipated and talk over any questions you may have.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Fees & Booking
The days are on Saturday from 10.30-6.45 and Sunday from 9.00-2.00.
The 2017 Course fee is based on a maximum of five students and will be £440 for each 4 day module.
The 2018 Course fee is based on a maximum of five students and will be £460 for each 4 day module.
For 2017 a deposit of £220 is required and the balance of £220 payable at the first meeting.
For 2018 a deposit of £230 is required and the balance of £230 payable at the first meeting.
The deposit will not be refundable but will be offset against the total fee. All the Personal Sādhana Modular Course Fees must be paid for even if the student is unable to attend.
The fees are payable at each meeting and the cost includes a further Course manual, tuition, vegetarian lunch each day, all refreshments plus supper on the overnight evenings.
All the Art of Personal Sādhana Modular Course deposits can be paid by Postal cheque or Bank draft. Please contact Paul to indicate your preference. Confirmation of your payment and place will be sent. All Fees are non-returnable and non-transferable. In the case of Courses not running an acceptable alternative or a full refund will be offered.
The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Modules Two to Three Venue & Accommodation Options
All the weekends are based in the Cotswolds with a country setting and retreat atmosphere.
Do note that the fees will include lunch and, if staying overnight, evening supper to help with costs. Thus, if staying there is no need to incur any further costs until you leave.