Clear your Flow Exploring Awareness
within Mind and Emotions
The Art of Sūtra Psychology – Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student to a weekend workshop on the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the Art of Yoga as a Psychology.
“Patañjali was very prophetic, because he spoke not only of yesterday’s mind,
but also of tomorrow’s. His message concerns clarity,
and it will become more and more pertinent as time goes by,
because people are now questioning much more than before.”
– TKV Desikachar
Based in the Cotswolds, it is open to all except complete beginners. It offers an opportunity for a student to have an in-depth introduction to Yoga Sūtra study.
The Sūtra Psychology Module One Personal Sādhana Workshop reflects the teachings of TKV Desikachar and his father and teacher T Krishnamacharya as taught to Paul Harvey over 25 years through:
- Guidance in emphasising a personal reflective study to support your life.
- Understanding the principles that inspire and shape Yoga psychology.
- An overview of primary Yoga Sūtra concepts around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic Yoga Sūtra terms and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how chanting the Yoga Sūtra can aid their absorption and deepen our understanding.
- Deepening the reflective aspects of our personal practice with the Yoga Sūtra.
It is an opportunity for any Yoga Student, or Yoga teachers or trainee teachers from any Yoga background or style to experience an in-depth introduction to the concepts and practices which underpin Yoga Sūtra Psychology and how they can inspire and guide our personal Yoga practice and study Sādhana, either for personal development or, if relevant, professional skills.
These fundamental aspects can also be further developed through the Art of Sūtra Psychology – Course Modules Two to Five. Here the focus will be on each of the four chapters of the Yoga Sūtra. We will focus on an in-depth word by word exploration of one chapter over each of the 4 day Course Modules.