The Art of the viniyoga of Yoga Core Workshop
– Āsana, Prāṇāyāma, Mantra & Sūtra Study & Practice
This Workshop is offered as a starting point for students wishing to explore the viniyoga of Yoga but finding the range of Yoga practice and study options in the cYs Programme offering too many initial choices. Thus this two day workshop draws together a number of the core practice and study strands that this approach specialises in into one composite workshop. From this hands-on experience developmental choices will become clearer.
“Our Yoga practice needs to be a conscious deepening of what we can do.
Rather than becoming an unconscious re-enforcing of what we can’t do.”
The Art of viniyoga of Yoga – Core Study & Practice Workshop is limited to a maximum of five students to allow for a personalised approach and in-depth transmission between teacher and student. It introduces the student, through a 2 day workshop, to the primary principles and teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar on the art of viniyoga or application of Yoga.
25 November 2017
The Art of viniyoga of Yoga – Core Āsana Prāṇāyāma Mantra & Sūtra Workshop 2
An in-depth Introduction to the Art of viniyoga of Yoga Two Day Workshop November 25/26th 2017 - Places Waitlisted Please Email to Check
19 May 2018
The Art of viniyoga of Yoga – Core Āsana Prāṇāyāma Mantra & Sūtra Workshop 3
An in-depth Introduction to the Art of viniyoga of Yoga Two Day Workshop May 19/20th 2018 - Five Places Available
Based in the Cotswolds, it is presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching, namely, transmission occurs through the direct experience of the teacher with the students personal practice and study Sādhana.
Open to all except complete beginners, it is an opportunity for a Yoga Student, Yoga Teacher or Trainee Yoga Teacher from any Yoga background or style to develop and deepen their personal Yoga practice and study through an appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the viniyoga or application of Yoga.
The viniyoga of Yoga Core Workshop aims to offer:
- Guidance in emphasising a personal Yoga practice to support your everyday life.
- Understanding the principles known as the viniyoga of Yoga which inspire and shape Yoga practice.
- An overview of and background to the important teachings around body and mind.
- Familiarisation with basic Yoga teachings and practice techniques.
- Appreciating how your body can work effectively in Āsana as a preparation for Yoga.
- Deepening our work with the Breath as a Concentrational Yoga practice.
- Exploring the relevance and place of Chanting as a Meditational Yoga practice.
The viniyoga of Yoga Core Topics total around 10 hours around:
1. Body Postures or Āsana – 2.5 hours
– Yoga as a Physiological-Energetic Practice
- How to identify Primary, Primary Support, Secondary Support and Link Āsana.
- Setting Short term and Long term priorities for Āsana practice.
- When to use Link Āsana within an Āsana practice.
- Why and How we use the Breath in Āsana.
- What we Modify or Vary in Āsana within our practice.
- Learning to look into our Body with greater awareness.
2. Seated Breathing or Prāṇāyāma – 1.5 hours
– Yoga as an Energetic-Psychological Practice
- How to identify Primary, Secondary and Support Prāṇāyāma techniques.
- Setting Short term and Long term priorities for Prāṇāyāma practice.
- Learning Primary Prāṇāyāma Seated Āsana and Practice techniques.
3. Chanting Sacred Sounds or Mantra – 1 hour
– Yoga as a Psychological-Devotional Practice
- Learning Core Chanting techniques and Vocal skills to help refine your personal practice.
- Setting priorities for Preliminary voice work and sound techniques in personal practice.
- Setting Short term and Long term priorities for a Chanting practice.
4. Personal Sādhana or Āsana, Prāṇāyāma & Mantra – 2.5 hours
– Yoga as a Physiological-Energetic-Psychological-Devotional Practice
- Learning to integrate Yoga postures, seated breathing and meditational chanting techniques, as awareness skills to help refine and offer direction to your short term and long term practice.
5. Textual Study or Yoga Sūtra – 2 hours
– Yoga as a Spiritual Practice
- Defining what is Yoga.
- Outlining its link to the Yoga Sūtra and the purpose of Sūtra.
- Appreciating the core concepts that underpin this key Yoga teaching.
- Exploring the basic structures and purpose to the four chapters.
- Exploring some key Sūtra in the first and second Chapters.
It offers an in-depth introduction to the viniyoga of Yoga, through an experiential appreciation of the core teachings that underpin the art of Yoga Practice and Study, either for personal development or, if relevant, to enhance professional skills. Though complete in itself it is also a introduction and guide for the student to further work in the Arts of Yoga Practice and Yoga Study Programme Modules.