Paul’s approach to Yoga practice, study and teaching was formed from a 23 year apprenticeship through 121 personal lessons from 1979 in Chennai, South India with his root teacher TKV Desikachar. The outcome of this sustained immersion in the Yoga teachings of Śrī T Krishnamacharya are the Art of Personal Sādhana and the Art of Professional Studies Programmes.
The Art of Personal Sādhana – Introductory Workshop and Foundation Course Modules
- The Art of viniyoga of Yoga - Empower your Body Customising Āsana Prāṇāyāma & Dhyāna
- The Art of Sūtra Psychology - Clear your Flow Exploring Awareness within Mind and Emotions
- The Art of Haṭha Energetics – Vitalize your Energy Understanding Nāḍī Prāṇa Agni Cakra Bhūta
- The Art of Sāṃkhya Philosophy - See your World through Spirit Living within the Field of Nature
- The Art of Gītā Scripture - Search your Heart in the Quest for Relationship with the Beyond
- The Art of Sounding & Mantra - Free your Voice as a Way to Experience the Source of Vibration
- The Art of Upaniṣat Mysticism - Feel your Self as Being within the Essence of the Ultimate Reality
- The Art of Āyurveda Lifestyle - Know your Patterns within the Ebb and Flow of Seasons & Food
The Art of Professional Studies – Practitioner, Postgraduate and CPD Training Modules
- The Practitioner Programme - Arts of Individual & Group Yoga Teaching and Yoga Therapy
- The Postgraduate Programme - Arts of Individual & Group Yoga Teaching and Yoga Therapy
- The CPD Seminar Programme - Arts of Individual & Group Yoga Teaching and Yoga Therapy
The Arts of Personal Sādhana and Professional Studies Programmes are presented with the aim of reflecting the fundamentals of Śrī T Krishnamacharya’s teaching to TKV Desikachar, namely transmission occurs through direct experience of the teacher with the student’s Personal Practice and Study Sādhana through 121 Lessons and Group Projects limited to a small number of Students.
This allows the student and the teacher to focus in depth in terms of personal intensity, relevance to personal and professional situation, within an exclusive learning environment.
They present the Yoga practice & theory principles and Yoga psychology & philosophy teachings from T Krishnamacharya and TKV Desikachar through focusing on the areas that can support a developmental structure for the content and process of a personalised practice Sādhana and, if relevant, Professional Practitioner Training involving:
A Personalised home-based Yoga Practice and Study Sādhana involving:
- Adhyayanam (chanting as learning or meditation)
Supported by a Personalised Textual and Oral Study Sādhana involving:
- Experiential application of the Yoga Sūtra through guidance in chanting and personal study.
- Experiential application of the principles in the Haṭha Yoga texts emphasised by Krishnamacharya.
- Guidance with linking Indian texts emphasised by Krishnamacharya with Yoga study and practice.
- Guidance with linking Krishnamacharya’s writings and compositions with Yoga study and practice.
- Experiential study of the core constitutional, diagnostic and lifestyle principles in Āyurveda.